SBI Health Insurance Policy, sbi medical insurance, SBI General Health Insurance Policy status Online at sbigeneral.in
State Bank of India is the owner of the biggest banking franchise in India. It is also India’s premier commercial banking organization on the basis of profit, balance sheet, deposits, assets, branches and employees.
SBI General pursues a strong multi-distribution model to streamline the supply of SBI policy that includes Agency, Broking and Retail Direct Channels and Bancassurance. At present, the Distribution family of SBI General Insurance comprises 4,800 Agents along with more than 11,000 SBI and Associate Bank employees certified by IRDA.
SBI General Health Insurance Policy :
We understand that people are unique and have varying levels of control over their health. Each of us would like to define a healthy life on our own terms. At SBI General, its our aim to partner with you and help you achieve better health and a sense of security along the way. In times of rising health care costs, a sudden illness or injury can leave you financially devastated and highly stressed. With SBI General’s Health Insurance Policy – Retail, you can be in control by making medical treatment expenses more manageable. Thus ensuring quality health & happiness of your family.
major information :
1. Wide Coverage – From Rs.50,000 up to Rs.500,000
2. No medical test up to the age of 45 for people with no medical history
3. Family Floater benefit giving comprehensive protection to your family members under one single Policy
4. Flexible Plan Options–Metro Plan, Semi Metro Plan & Rest of India
5. Assured renewal
6. You can now renew your current Health Insurance Policy (any Insurer) with us
7. The premium paid is exempt from Income Tax under Sec 80 D of Income Tax Act (Tax Benefits are subject to change in tax laws)
8. Coverage of Pre and Post Hospitalisation Expenses – 30 days before and 60 days after the hospitalisation
9. Free Medical check-up for every 4 claim free years up to a maximum limit of Rs.2,500
10. “Add-on Covers available including removal of sub-limits on Room & ICU rent, Operation and Consultancy charges” after “Flexible Plan options…” point.
what are age limits in this policy :
The minimum age of entry for SBI General’s Health Insurance Policy – Retail is 18 years. However Children from the age of 3 months can be covered subject to both parents concurrently covered with SBI General’s Health Insurance Policy – Retail. The Maximum age of entry for the policy is 65 years.
SBI General Health Insurance Policy – Retail portable is :
Most of the Health Insurance Policies offered by the General Insurance companies in India have waiting periods during which certain pre existing diseases are excluded in the coverage. They are excluded for certain predefined period (number of years) before they are covered i.e. The Policy holder is expected to have continuous cover for the predefined period before the pre existing diseases are covered under the policy. Portability will ensure that these accrued benefits are transferred (without any dilution) to the new insurer at the time of renewal and porting and the consumer do not lose on these accrued benefits while opting to switch the insurer using Health Insurance Portability.
The Policy holder can port the following accrued credits:
1. General waiting period
2. Waiting periods pertaining to the coverage of pre-existing diseases/conditions
3. Any time bound exclusions
Tax benefits :
Deduction u/s 80 D of income tax act is available from taxable income for premium paid towards health insurance
1. For self, spouse and dependent children – Maximum Rs.25000/-
2. For Parent(s)- Maximum Rs.25,000/-
3. In case Parent(s) are resident senior citizen- Maximum Rs.30,000/-
For more details, visit official website : http://www.sbigeneral.in/.