TNVAT Commercial taxes portal is ctd.tn.gov.in, is a multi point levy where the tax paid on local purchases from the registered dealer can be set off against the tax payable on the sale of goods, other than special goods.
TNvat E-services using, The registration number allotted to the dealers is popularly known as TIN i.e. Taxpayer Identification Number.This is a eleven digit number to be quoted in all VAT transactions and correspondence.
TNVAT portal , TNVAT Commercial taxes Department Login And find e services check current status :
Visit TNVAT site : https://ctd.tn.gov.in/
what are the important documents, how to upload :
The following documents are mandatory when submitting the application:
- Proof of Address
- Proof of identity
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Introduction letter of two registered dealers
- Proof of payment of Registration fees of Rs. 1000/-
- PAN Card
- Sufficiently stamped self-addressed envelope.
How can I register in TNVAT Portal if I already have a TIN?
If dealer already has an Online Account on the existing Tamil Nadu CTD Portal, he can log in the new TNCTD Portal by clicking on New User Signup on the E-Registration link and then select Yes option button in Do you have a TIN?
Then user needs to enter his TIN which will be his login ID, his e-mail ID, first name, last name, mobile number, tax type and RC effective date and click on submit.
How will a dealer download Registration Form from web portal?
Dealer needs to download the excel templates by clicking the hyperlink Click here to download template option.
Also, on the right hand side of the informational portal, there is a link of E-Service Templates under quick links from where all the templates can be downloaded without logging in.
Registration Fees for VAT?
The registration fees is Rs. 1000/- for principal place of business and Rs. 1000/- for each additional place of business, (Branches, Godowns). No Security Deposit is necessary for Registration to dealers.
There is no renewal of registration under VAT and it is permanent till it is cancelled by the Department or on stoppage of business when reported by the dealer.
mode of payment for Registration?
No Cheque / Demand Draft/ cash will be accepted. The payment can be done only through net banking or through e-challan. For further details, go through payment guide.
how will I check the status of my query?
On the TNCTD Portal homepage, click Request Logger link on top right corner. Select the option of Check query status and enter your request number and click on search.
Current status of e-Forms?
Dealer can track the status of successfully filed e-Forms from Web Portal via browse through the link / e-Services / e-Forms /View e-Forms (JJ/KK/LL/MM) Here dealer filter the search based upon mentioning parameters like Form No, Current Status From/To Date etc.
Who should compulsory take Registration under VAT?
The following dealers should compulsorily take registration under TNVAT Act 2006.
- A dealer who purchases goods within the State and effects sale of those goods within the State and whose total turnover in any year is not less than ten lakhs of rupees.
- If the total turnover is more than five lakhs per dealer per year, they must register under this Act.
- Casual trader;
- Every dealer in bullion, gold, silver and platinum jewellery, including articles thereof and worn out or beaten jewellery and precious stones;
- Every dealer registered under the Central Sales Tax Act, 1956.
- dealer residing outside the State, but carrying on business in the State;
- agent of non-resident dealer;
- Every factor, broker, commission agent, or arhati, del credere agent or auctioneer or any other mercantile agent by whatever name called, and whether of the same description as hereinbefore or not who carries on the business of buying, selling, supplying or distributing goods on behalf of any Principal, or through whom the goods are bought, sold, supplied or distributed.
- Every dealer who in the course of his business obtains or brings goods from outside the State or effects export of goods out of the territory of India.
How will I receive my TIN and Registration Certificate?
After your application registration authority approves, The product TIN comes with the email ID you provided in your application and email. This TIN issuance is purely on provisional basis.
When your documents are submitted to the CTD office and visit the site And when the Registration Authority approves , the certificate is generated and Collected from CTD Office The registered certificate is issued only by digital mode. The certificate affixed with digital certificate will be send through e-mail and also available in the dealer profile permanently.
Contact TNCTD Helpdesk?
- Helpdesk Toll Free Number (18001036751).
- If the user has any doubt then he can post his query by clicking on the Request Logger link available on homepage.
- user wants to register any grievance then he can post his grievance by clicking on the Grievance Redressal link available on homepage.
- people has any suggestion then he can post his suggestion by clicking on the Suggestions link available on homepage.
- If the user wants to report any tax evasion incident then he can report such incident by clicking on the Report Tax Evasion link available on homepage.
for more details visit official website : https://ctd.tn.gov.in/.