TNVAT : TNVAT Commercial taxes Department VAT is a multi point levy where the tax paid on local purchases from the registered dealer can be set off against the tax payable on the sale of goods, other than special goods. The registration number allotted to the dealers is popularly known as TIN i.e. Taxpayer Identification Number.This is a eleven digit number to be quoted in all VAT transactions and correspondence.
TNVAT portal , TNVAT Commercial taxes Department Login And find e services check current status :
Visit TNVAT site : https://ctd.tn.gov.in/
Mandatory documents need to be uploaded at the time of filing application under VAT?
The following documents to be submitted at the time of filing Application.
Proof of Address
Proof of identity
Two recent passport size photograph
Introduction letter of two registered dealers
Proof of payment of Registration fees of Rs. 1000/-
Sufficiently stamped self-addressed envelope.
How can I register in TNVAT Portal if I already have a TIN?
If dealer already has an Online Account on the existing Tamil Nadu CTD Portal, he can log in the new TNCTD Portal by clicking on New User Signup on the E-Registration link and then select Yes option button in Do you have a TIN?
Then user needs to enter his TIN which will be his login ID, his e-mail ID, first name, last name, mobile number, tax type and RC effective date and click on submit.
How will a dealer download Registration Form from web portal?
Dealer needs to download the excel templates by clicking the hyperlink Click here to download template option.
Also, on the right hand side of the informational portal, there is a link of E-Service Templates under quick links from where all the templates can be downloaded without logging in.
Registration Fees for VAT?
The registration fees is Rs. 1000/- for principal place of business and Rs. 1000/- for each additional place of business, (Branches, Godowns). No Security Deposit is necessary for Registration for dealers.There is no renewal of registration under VAT and it is permanent till it is cancelled by the Department or on stoppage of business when reported by the dealer.
mode of payment for Registration?
No Cheque /Demand Draft/ cash will be accepted.The payment can be done only through net banking or through e-challan.For further details, go through payment guide.
how will I check the status of my query?
On the TNCTD Portal homepage, click Request Logger link on top right corner. Select the option of Check query status and enter your request number and click on search.
Current status of e-Forms?
Dealer can track the status of successfully filed e-Forms from Web Portal via browse through the link / e-Services / e-Forms /View e-Forms (JJ/KK/LL/MM) Here dealer filter the search based upon mentioning parameters like Form No, Current Status From/To Date etc.
Who should compulsory take Registration under VAT?
The following dealers should compulsorily take registration under TNVAT Act 2006.
1. A dealer who purchases goods within the State and effects sale of those goods within the State and whose total turnover in any year is not less than ten lakhs of rupees.
2. Every other dealer whose total turnover in a year is not less than five lakhs of rupees shall get himself registered under the Act;
3. Casual trader;
4. Every dealer in bullion, gold, silver and platinum jewellery, including articles thereof and worn out or beaten jewellery and precious stones;
5. Every dealer registered under the Central Sales Tax Act, 1956.
6. Every dealer residing outside the State, but carrying on business in the State;
7. Every agent of non-resident dealer;
8. Every factor, broker, commission agent, or arhati, del credere agent or auctioneer or any other mercantile agent by whatever name called, and whether of the same description as hereinbefore or not who carries on the business of buying, selling, supplying or distributing goods on behalf of any Principal, or through whom the goods are bought, sold, supplied or distributed; and
9. Every dealer who in the course of his business obtains or brings goods from outside the State or effects export of goods out of the territory of India.
How will I receive my TIN and Registration Certificate?
TIN: Once your application is approved by the Registration Authority, TIN will be generated and emailed to you on the email id provided in your application. This TIN issuance is purely on provisional basis.
Registration Certificate: Once your documents are submitted to CTD Office and the site visit is conducted and Registration Authority approves, the certificate will be generated and can be collected from the CTD Office. The Registration Certificate will be issued only through digital mode. The certificate affixed with digital certificate will be send through e-mail and also available in the dealer profile permanently.
Contact TNCTD Helpdesk?
1. On the TNCTD Portal homepage, Helpdesk Toll Free Number (18001036751) is displayed on top right corner.
2. If the user has any doubt then he can post his query by clicking on the Request Logger link available on homepage.
3. If the user wants to register any grievance then he can post his grievance by clicking on the Grievance Redressal link available on homepage.
4. If the user has any suggestion then he can post his suggestion by clicking on the Suggestions link available on homepage.
5. If the user wants to report any tax evasion incident then he can report such incident by clicking on the Report Tax Evasion link available on homepage.
for more details visit official website : https://ctd.tn.gov.in/.