Search Tamil Nadu TIN online Commercial Trade, Taxes Department
Tamil Nadu VAT is a multi point levy where the tax paid on local purchases from the registered dealer can be set off against the tax payable on the sale of goods, other than special goods. The registration number allotted to the dealers is popularly known as TIN i.e. Taxpayer Identification Number.This is a eleven digit number to be quoted in all VAT transactions and correspondence
All registered dealers under TNGST Act 1959 whose registration is in force shall be provided with TIN automatically without any fee. But after receipt of TIN, the dealers have to file application for obtaining certificate of registration under VAT. Dealers may get TIN, download application and file the details of the application online in the websites ‘www.tnsalestax.com, or www.tnsalestax.gov.in or www.tnvat.gov.in to speed up the process of registration.
Search TIN online by Commercial Taxes Department of Tamil Nadu : (Tinver Name)
Visit Official website : http://www.tnvat.gov.in/
Click on “TIN Search”,
Select “Division” and Enter Dealer name to submit. And check out your details.
Who are dealers under VAT:
A dealer is a person who purchases, sells, supplies or distributes the goods in the course of his business for valuable consideration. The VAT Act includes:
1. Local authority, Company, Hindu undivided family, Association of persons, Firm
2. Casual trader, factor, commission agent, delcredere agent, auctioneer, local branch of the firm or company situated outside the State
3. Person who effects transfer of property in goods other than by way of sale
4. dealer in hire purchase, works contract, person who transfers right to use the goods
5. Dealer in eatables including food and drinks (ie., hotels, restaurants and sweet stalls).
6. Port Trust, Railway Administration, Shipping, Transport and Construction Companies, Air Transport Corporation and Airlines.
7. Any person holding permit for transport vehicles
8. Tamil Nadu State Road Transport Corporation
9. Customs Department, Insurance Company, Advertising Agencies
10. Corporation or Companies of State and Central Governments
How is the TN VAT certificate of registration issued:
The registered authority shall acknowledge the receipt of application filed by the dealer. Thereafter, he shall issue certificate of registration within 30 days from the date of receipt of application. In order to speed up the process of registration one can utilize the e-services through web sites of the department www.tnsalestax.com, or www.tnsalestax.gov.in or www.tnvat.gov.in
Who are liable for Registration :
1. Those dealers whose total turnover in respect of purchase and sales in the State is not less than Rs.10 lakhs for a year are to get registered under the Act.
2. The other dealers whose total turnover for a year is not less than Rs.5 lakhs shall get registered.
3. Casual Traders, agent of non-resident dealer and dealers in jewellery irrespective of quantum of turnover shall obtain registration.
Mode of payment of tax :
1. by remittance into a State Bank of India or any other bank authorised by Government from time to time
2. by remittance in cash into a Government Treasury or to the assessing authority or other officer empowered to make the demand or authorised to make the collection
3. by means of a crossed cheque in favour of the assessing authority drawn on any one of the banks situated within the city / town where office of the assessing authority is situated
4. by means of a crossed demand draft or a banker’s cheque drawn in favour of the assessing authority
5. by any other mode as authorised by the Government from time to time.
Toll Free No : 1800 103 6751, 1800 425 1959
Call Centre No : 044-28290962, 044-28290960
For More details, visit official website of http://www.tnvat.gov.in/.